Indesign Access is a Brisbane, Sydney and Canberra based Disability Access (DDA) and Building Consultations firm with a focus on Building Compliance and Property Development Solutions for Persons with Disability (PWD).
Indesign has played a leading role in the planning and design of buildings since the legislative changes. After the changes to the Building Compliance, we have been quick to respond and meet the new legislative requirements of the Premises Standards – Disability (Access to Premises – Buildings) Standards 2010.
Our senior consultants are registered to assess Livable Housing Australia (LHA) as we have a long standing history of being part of the Livable Housing Design (LHD) forward thinking Technical Advisory Panel to develop the performance requirements. We are actively involved in the industry reference groups to further assist the residential sector at the Property Council of Australian to develop a usable product.
To ensure the optimum quality for both our company and clients we are in process to achieve the independently-certified ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management.
Our approach to all planning and design involves a functional analysis of the operational, organisational and physical requirements of persons with a disability. This requires the constructive and effective involvement with our clients/user groups and the design team in the planning, design consideration and impact of recurrent costs should the broader requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (DDA) not be considered.
Why Use Indesign Access?
- We work closely with the design team to understand the functional and operational objectives and where necessary, work through performance based solutions
- To ensure the design team are aware of the access requirements of each stage of the project, we provide detailed tracking report throughout the project
- We optimize the prescriptive and performance requirements of the Building Code of Australia to achieve the best fit and most cost effective solution for your project
- We identify barriers from the outset which helps our clients to avoid costly design or construction changes down the track
- Our team is always up to date with the requirements and amendments to all the rail, bus, ferry design and construction accessibility issues while taking into account the objectives
to ensure that dignified, equitable, cost-effective and reasonably achievable access to buildings, and facilities and services within buildings, is provided for people with a disability;
to give certainty to building certifiers, building developers and building managers that, if access to buildings is provided in accordance with these Standards, the provision of that access, to the extent covered by these Standards, will not be unlawful under the Act.
Our experienced team of accredited and qualified DDA Access Consultants have the ability to design, project manage, construct and to ensure compliance, quality and efficiency are met on time and on budget from concept through to construction completion. Our senior staff are involved in each and every project we are engaged on and teams are carefully selected and empowered to deliver complex projects in a creative, efficient manner.
Words from the Founder
When you have an extensive and on-going successful career in the building industry with over 20 years of experience, this will echo 2 things; hard working and highly motivated. Our team will bring this motivation with the honesty and respect for other staff, clients and peers and create a professional, successful and comfortable outcome on all our projects.
Indesign employees are asked to continue to carry out these working ethics so we continue for another successful 20 years.